This decadent chocolate deluxe cake is an easy and delicious high ratio cake. Perfect for blocks, bars and sheets.
The recipe makes approximately 9.9kg of cake batter.
- 1.43kg Eggs
- 1.9kg Water
- Vanilla Essence to taste
- 1.145kg High-Ratio Cake Shortening
- 2kg High-Ratio Cake Flour
- 285g Cocoa
- 105g Baking Powder
- 285g Milk Powder
- 2.76kg Castor Sugar
- 45g Salt
- 10g Bicarb Soda
- Heat oven to 182ºC (360ºF).
- Mix eggs, water and vanilla essence until combined.
- Add the shortening and mix.
- In another bowl sieve together flour, cocoa, baking powder, milk powder, castor sugar, salt and bicarb.
- Bring the shortening mix and flour mix together on a low speed.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix for 3 minutes on a medium speed to aerate the batter.
- Bake until cake rises and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.