Another tried and tested bakery recipe by John de Visser. This classic recipe for Cherry Nut Cookies is a great way to add colour and variety to your range of cookies.
This recipe makes approximately 10.7kg of cookie dough.
- 1.36kg Cake Margarine (Medium to Hard Grade)
- 1.36kg Castor Sugar
- 453g Eggs
- 226ml Water
- 3.175kg Soft Flour
- 85g Baking Powder
- 1.36kg Peanuts
- 1.36kg Imitation Cherries
- 1.36kg Sultanas
- Heat oven to 163ºC (325ºF).
- Mix margarine and sugar until smooth. Do not cream.
- Add eggs and water to the batter and scrape down the sides.
- Sieve together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to batter and bring to a soft dough.
- Mix through peanuts, cherries and sultanas.
- Place on trays in round pieces and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 11min or until the edges brown.